Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] superdaddy01@gmail.com is offline

Default O.T. electric cars - do they have gearboxes?

On Wednesday, April 19, 2017 at 2:47:29 PM UTC-4, Murmansk wrote:
I've just been for a ride in someone's Nissan Leaf - it was impressive, so quiet and amazing acceleration.

Do electric cars have a gearbox (an automatic one I presume)? Or does the motor just run faster the faster you go? I was told by the owner the optimum speed for economy of battery usage is about 55mph.

It doesn't sound like it's changing gear.

What do you folks think about the company Adomani, which goes public tomorrow, with the symbol ADOM? I think their technology sounds pretty cool and Ive been reading everything I can find about the company recently, leading up to the IPO and Im pretty impressed already.

Id really like to get into this one on the ground floor because I have a strong feeling, based on the research Ive done, that this one is going to take off shortly out of the gate. So Id be really interested in hearing what others have to say about it.