Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] nomail@gmail.com is offline

Default Alarm switches for steel windows

On 14/06/2017 19:31, wrote:
On Wednesday, 14 June 2017 14:49:40 UTC+1, wrote:
I want to fit alarm switches to a significant number of steel (Crittall)
windows but I'm concerned that the reed switch types will get confused
by the steel frame. Can anyone suggest alternatives?

So use microswitches.

NT

I was considering microswitches (or, possibly, a slotted opto sensor)
but I can't find anything that looks reasonable for a sensible price.

Hmm, I just tried to check the alarm input specs and discovered that all
the sensors are wired in parallel with an "iD" signalling system, so it
may not be straightforward to replace some of the PIRs with switches ...
more study needed!