Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default PING -MIKE-

On 6/16/17 12:09 AM, wrote:
My model employee is this guy, and I have a few (not a lot!): We
start at 8, so he shows up 10 minutes early, says his hellos to the
guys, and gets his tools out and goes to work at8 or shortly after.
Works independently, and I know if he is stopped he is just taking a
breath or getting some water or Gatorade. Stop time about 10
minutes, usually around mid morning. Stops for lunch, repeats the
morning schedule. If not working with them, I will bring them
something cold to drink in the afternoon and get a handle on progress
and any material needs. Repeat the next day.

I have a helper like that who I unfortunately lost to a full time gig.

He's ready and raring to go. If there's a lull in activity, he's
looking for something else to do. If we show up to a project site and
I'm speaking with the client, he's not standing around waiting for
orders, he just starts unloading or unraveling extension cords, etc.
He's always looking ahead to what can be done when the current task is
finished.

He's the kind of guy I buy lunches for and he actually told me I had to
I had to stop doing it. He's the kind of guy I "round up" for when it
comes time to pay. He's actually told me on a couple occasions that I
paid him too much. I think he just knows, now, that I like to tip. :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--