Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default PING -MIKE-

On 6/16/2017 6:15 AM, J. Clarke wrote:
In article , says...

On 6/14/2017 11:29 PM,
wrote:

Your employess steal time from you. All of them do. Ever take an extra cigarette break? Ever make personal calls on company time? Ever take a sick day when you weren't? Ever sneak off early to see your kid play a soccer game, go to his band recital, a baseball game, or anything else? How many times did you take exactly one hour for lunch? How many days did you say, "well,we gave it our all tomorrow, but I'm beat, so let's go home and hit it hard tomorrow". Ever

take a pad, a pencil, a pen, or exaggerate your lunch/entertainment bill? Go home and take the rest of the day off when a conference was over early?

All? I disagree, though some do. Everyone works differently. An
example, some years go I was a supervisor and had a guy working for me
that ran a tubing bending machine. He often took a walk to the
storeroom, took the extra smoke break, etc. My boss thought he was a
screw off and confined him to his machine; no more trips to the
storeroom for supplies. Before that, he turned out 50% to 100% more at
the end of the day than anyone else. Tied to his machine, his output
dropped to the same as everyone else.

I have a half dozen stories of people that are perceived as a goof off
but vastly outproduce everyone else. Yes, some people do screw you on
time, but what counts is what is done at the end of the day.

As for myself, I never sneaked off early. I just said "I'm leaving
early". No reason to be sneaky about it.

https://www.themuse.com/advice/the-r...random-but-it-
ups-your-productivity

Supports my story. You cannot work at 100% every minute of the day. It
is the amount of work done in the end that counts. Just check down at
the Widget Factory. Some of the people taking a lot of breaks make more
widgets per day than the ones that never leave their work station.

Oh, forgot to mention, I also took a short nap most afternoons too.