Posted to rec.woodworking
Casper Casper is offline

Default For Chainsaw Enthusiasts

You must not have a lot of leaves. I fill my bag at least once just mowing
the small amount of leaves in very early fall on a very small lot. By mid
fall I'm loading up the tarp 4-5 times and dragging the leaves into the woods
across the road. Luckily it's a very steep hill down to a bay, so the pile
at the top stays small and hidden from view of the road.
---

I used to have two trees on my property. One died about 6mos after
moving in and was removed. The other, a giant pin oak, was dying from
the inside and cut down three years ago. It was over 100ft tall.

So in answer to your question, I get tons of leaves. From where? My
bloody neighbors. One has a small farm circled by trees, mostly
hickory, and never does leaves. Other neighbors all drag the leaves
from their lawns (some from farm) back to the farm property, which
then promptly blow back into my yard.

First year I moved in I bagged leaves. I ended up working hours and
into the dark with over 30 bags in one day. I quit at dark. After that
I went out and bought a leaf blower and mulcher. Now I end up with
about 30 bags of mulch for the entire season.

Now I am just waiting for the fire to start. Neighbors keep dragging
leaves onto farm property, which they are not supposed to do, and
where there is a ton of poison ivy now last two years. Tried to kill
it last year but no go. Now neighbors are throwing bbq grill coals on
the farm too. Can you see an issue here?

I already told property owners about the problem and they said they
would take care of it. That's two years in a row now and not a thing
done. My insurance company said send a letter to the owners informing
them of the problem, then once it catches fire, the insurance company
can take them to court. Ok but that's not going to help the kids, or
adults, that might breathe that stuff in and get sick. One kid got
poison ivy in her eyes and still nothing done.

My neighbors are like a box of chocolates... (fill in rest).

---
http://www.avg.com