Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Cutting Off Those Darn Dovetails

On Thu, 15 Jun 2017 17:53:57 -0700 (PDT)
" wrote:

snip
There are some circular saw blades made for cutting metal.
They have carbide teeth, but with somewhat different angles
on the teeth. There was some posts about the blades back
quite a while ago. May have been in SEJW. As I remember
worm drive saws were recommended. Harbor Freight has a
metal cutting blade for $20. I have not used one.

I wasn't sure if or how well those work on cast iron. So I didn't
mention them. Harbor Freight was selling a Skil type saw made for metal
that even came with a blade. I looked for it the other day but it seems
they don't carry it anymore. It was better shielded around the motor.

Cast iron is funny stuff. I've used grinders and cut-off blades on it
okay...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b