Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default For Chainsaw Enthusiasts

On Wednesday, June 14, 2017 at 11:25:51 AM UTC-4, Casper wrote:
The weed-eater on the other hand - with an open-to-the-elements tank won't start after 9
months - - Same fuel and mix.

On lawn stuff...
Old gas, new gas, stabilizers, oil mixes, spark plugs, filters... bah.
I got rid of all that in exchange for lithium. Always starts, no mess,
and no fuss. Bought mulching mower, weed-whacker and blower all for
under $250 including shipping. Batteries (included) interchangeable.
Takes 1.5 in spring when grass is thick and 1 rest of season. Mower
has bag so doing leaves is easy peasy; blow, mow, bag and free mulch.

You must not have a lot of leaves. I fill my bag at least once just mowing
the small amount of leaves in very early fall on a very small lot. By mid
fall I'm loading up the tarp 4-5 times and dragging the leaves into the woods
across the road. Luckily it's a very steep hill down to a bay, so the pile
at the top stays small and hidden from view of the road.