Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Patio door lube?

On 14 Jun 2017 16:49:33 GMT, KenK wrote:

What's a good lubricant for patio doors, those glass doors that slide in
metal tracks? I'm afraid oil will attract dirt and cause a need for
frequent removal of dirty oil and its replacement. I suspect grease would
have the same problem. Graphite wouldn't work. So far I've just been
leaving them alone and vacuuming them out when they get too much dirt in
the tracks. I seldom use them - once in a great while for moving furniture
or large appliances in and out or if I should accidently lock myself out,
which has not happened so far.

What do you successfully use?

TIA

Remove the operator door, "slider". Clean the rollers or replace them
if necessary. Wash and clean the track and allow it to dry. Use a
Teflon spay on a rag and then wipe the track well. That is all you
need. Rollers accumulate all kinds of kinds of stuff like pet danger,
hair, etc.

If you have an 8' door with tempered glass have another person help
you lift the operator door out so you don't break the glass.

Done.

BTDT