Posted to alt.home.repair
Charles Bishop[_2_] Charles Bishop[_2_] is offline

Default Patio door lube?

In article ,
KenK wrote:

What's a good lubricant for patio doors, those glass doors that slide in
metal tracks? I'm afraid oil will attract dirt and cause a need for
frequent removal of dirty oil and its replacement. I suspect grease would
have the same problem. Graphite wouldn't work. So far I've just been
leaving them alone and vacuuming them out when they get too much dirt in
the tracks. I seldom use them - once in a great while for moving furniture
or large appliances in and out or if I should accidently lock myself out,
which has not happened so far.

What do you successfully use?

As you point out, lubricants will attract dirt and dust, making it
harder to clean the tracks later.

Best to keep the track clean and make sure the door wheels (or
equivalent) are in good shape so they roll easily.

--
charles