Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Cutting Off Those Darn Dovetails

On Tue, 13 Jun 2017 16:36:18 -0700
"Bob La Londe" wrote:

snip
Used to have an old Black & Decker circular saw I used for that stuff for
years. I made more roof top satellite dish mounts out of scrap metal with
that thing than I can count. I don't think it ever did die. I think it
just walked off on a jobsite one day. I'm pretty sure even a 7-1/4 abrasive
blade won't work on the base, but it might reach on the column and table.
If only I had an old *14 inch* Skil saw I'm not fond of with an abrasive
blade. LOL.

My beater is a middle of the line old Craftsman I pulled from the
neighbors garbage. Needed a new cord and some rust cleanup. Put a
scrounged ~20ft cord on and probably have gotten more use out of it than
the good saw

Harbor Freight has a deep throat portaband now. You can get it for $100
with a coupon:

https://www.harborfreight.com/10-Amp...Kit-63444.html

They have several cheapo Skil saws too. I didn't spot any coupons
for them just now but it always pays to check. At least use a 20%
off if it isn't disqualified in the fine print:

http://www.hfqpdb.com/harborfreightcoupons

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b