Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default Or not. tower fire...

"Martin Brown" wrote in message
news
On 14/06/2017 13:54, wrote:
On Wednesday, 14 June 2017 11:21:08 UTC+1, Andy Burns wrote:
Mike Tomlinson wrote:

The Grenfell residents' association complained about this to no effect,
their main concern being that access to the tower in emergencies was
now
only possible from the narrow Grenfell Road which was frequently
obstructed by illegal parking.

Though lets be honest, fire appliances have front "bumpers" made from
steel box girders, so would soon bump a transit out of the way if
necessary ...

but too afraid to get sued out of everything to ever do it. Might require
a legal change.

The only time I have seen the situation arise. Car parked on a fire access
point and fire engine wanting access for a 999 call the guy engaged low
gear inched up to the cars bumper and shunted it ahead of him doing
surprisingly little damage to the car in the process.

In this situation I'd support them totalling the obstructing car to enable
high pressure water pumping to the dry risers. It is only bent metal
against dozens of lives of people trapped in a burning building.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bl...w=1280&bih=601