Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Is there A New Thing That can Interfere With My WIFI ?

On Tue, 13 Jun 2017 20:06:55 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:
(blah-blah-blah)

I forgot one item. My guess(tm) is that you have microfilters
scattered around the house to isolate the POTS audio from the DSL
tones. That's fine if you use decent filters and have decent inside
wiring, which are problematic. So, to avoid the problems caused by
plugging the filters in backwards, ratty wiring, missing filters, and
noise pickup for light dimmers, AM radio stations, and similar EMI, I
suggest you get a whole house DSL filter. I like the Siecor style
xDSL outdoor splitters:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Siecor-DSL-Outdoor-Pots-Splitter-Housing-/361886025837
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/pics/dsl/slides/splitter.html
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUTTLE-OUTDOOR-XDSL-POTS-SPLITTER/201944066409
Install the box near the MPOE (minimum point of entry) to the POTS
line. Run a dedicated pair or CAT5 from this DSL splitter to your DSL
modem. Remove all your DSL microfilters. Live happily ever after.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D