Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] goodsoldierschweik@invalid.junk is offline

Default Robot locomotives

On Tue, 13 Jun 2017 08:38:53 -0700, Richard Persing
wrote:

On 6/13/2017 3:53 AM, wrote:
On Mon, 12 Jun 2017 15:24:17 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Mon, 12 Jun 2017 17:44:05 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

wrote in message
On Monday, June 12, 2017 at 1:25:35 PM UTC-4, Richard Persing wrote:
On 6/9/2017 4:45 PM, Steve from Colorado wrote:
I was doing some fishing up near the townsite of Toland off the
Burlington Northern railroad near the Moffat Tunnel and noticed
their
are no humans controlling the locomotives waiting on the siding
while
some train coming the other direction gets the right of way. I
guess
some Silicon VAlley startup has figured away to put all railroad
engineers out of work, losing their pensions and livelihood to
robots. I
wonder if they're is going to be an uprising as good paying jobs
get
eliminated by automation and Amazon.

No, there will be no uprising.

There are no robotic freight trains in the United States. There are
a few light-rail passenger lines, especially monorails and subways
that have no other traffic intersections, that are autonomous.

As for "losing pensions," not that either.

I think we're getting a look at the way attitudes are shaped among
the people who became Trump voters. Facts have nothing to do with
it; it's all attitude, conspiracy theories, and empty accusations.

--
Ed Huntress

Bitter much???

He hates it when he gets it so badly wrong and gets called on it.

Shrug

Sort of like that Wieber guy when someone posts the list of all the
exciting and heroic things that he claims he has accomplished.
The two tours in Vietnam, the (what was it) 365mph motorcycle,

He only "officially" claimed 264mph, but I wouldn't be surprised to see
the speed fluctuate over time.

Yes, I did know that but as Wieber sees no fault in embellishing his
posts I thought I'd just follow along in his footsteps :-)

The story is a lie, of course. No one even believes he has ridden a
motorcycle at 150mph.

the expensive lot

...which he doesn't own...

his decrepit double wide sits on, and on.

The problem seems to be that Ed gets it right most of the tine while
Wieber and his ilk get it wrong most of the time.

Yes, exactly.

And, to make it even worse that snake in the grass Ed frequently posts
references to prove he is right while Wieber, et al, never provide
proof.

Occasionally Wieber posts a link to some nonsense fake news site, but
the garbage is easily discredited.

It must be some sort of inverse reality when those who prove their
statements are wrong while those that do not prove their statement are
right.

"Alternate" facts.

--
Cheers,