Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Trevor Wilson Trevor Wilson is offline

Default Component Damage

On 14/06/2017 9:02 AM, Chris wrote:
On Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:49:40 +1000, Trevor Wilson wrote:

**OK. I'll trade your 7 years with my 40 years professionally servicing
electronic equipment. And yes, I have a (filtered) air line into my
workshop. However, a vac is vastly more preferable and much safer. I do
use air, very sparingly, when required.

Yeah, air is so expensive you gotta use it sparingly hehehe!

**Read what I wrote, moron. Using air spreads dust to places inside the
equipment where you don't want it to go. Like pots and switches for
instance. How do you prevent that from occurring?

The one caveat I would add about blasting boards with (clean) compressed
air is that you *gotta* do it outdoors for all sorts of reasons I can't
be assed to go into here.

**And yet another good reason to use a vac.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au