Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Do You Label Your Cribbage Boards?

On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 9:41:07 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
On 6/10/2017 7:39 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I just completed the woodworking part of this cribbage board. The base is
made from Padauk, the top is Maple with some nice figuring. It's a surprise
for my adult son.

http://canadianhomeworkshop.com/2447...cribbage-board

I've seen boards that are labeled with numbers every 5 peg holes plus Start,
Finish, etc. Some have just Start, Finish and an S after hole 90, some have no labeling at all.

I don't know if I want to label this one or not. I'm leaning towards buying
the dry-rub lettering and letting my son decide - and do it ;-) - after I
ship it to him. (Since it's a surprise, I don't know if wants any labels.)

For those that have made Cribbage boards, do you label them?

How about a picture of what YOU built. ;~)

Here's the final outcome.

http://i.imgur.com/ouehBqf.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/nAQMBKb.jpg

The rare earth magnet holds really well. As you spin the board into the
closed position, it gets about an inch from closed and just snaps into
place. Pretty cool!

Hopefully my son and I will break it in when he arrives on Wednesday.