Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Has anyone ever seen a relay breakout board?

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message
news
"rangerssuck" wrote in message
On Monday, June 12, 2017 at 12:09:01 PM UTC-4, googlemyass wrote:
On 6/9/2017 3:00 PM, rangerssuck wrote:
I'm working on interfacing a PLC to an existing machine that's
full of relays. I got to thinking that it would be a real time
saver if I had a relay breakout board of sorts. What I'm
picturing is a relay base (in this case an 8 pin rectangular that
plugs into an 11 pin socket) that breaks out into screw
terminals.

The effect would be like piggybacking another socket on top of
the original. That would allow pre-wiring a lot of stuff and
minimizing downtime, as well as making the modifications easily
reversible.

So, does such a device exist?

like this?
https://www.amazon.com/POTTER-BRUMFI...SIN=B06Y2GCZ22

No, not like this. What you suggested is a relay socket - I really
thought I had made it clear that I'm looking for something that will
plug into an already existing relay socket, and bring the
connections out to screw terminals.

For the third, fourth or fifth time: I work on lots of machines that
have cabinets loaded with this sort of relay socket (with relays
plugged in). I upgrade these machines by adding PLCs in place of the
relays. It would be a good thing if I had the ability to just plug
my wiring into the already existing relay sockets.

Therefore, I'm looking for either a male plug shaped like the relay
base that would plug into the socket you linked to and provide a
duplicate set of screw terminals; or even better, a socket with the
female terminals (and screw terminals) on top and male terminals
(like on a relay) on the bottom so that the device could plug int
the existing socket , provide an extra set of screw terminals AND
optionally have a relay plugged into it. So it sould sandwich
between the original socket and the original relay.

I'm not sure how to describe it any more clearly.

Similar in concept to this?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Octal-Tube-T...-/142407703229

Another near miss:
https://www.amazon.com/Lisle-56810-R.../dp/B002MCX6LY

I designed and assembled relay logic industrial controls back in the
day, but never heard of a test socket or extender for them.
-jsw