Posted to rec.woodworking

Default You May Now Officially Hate My Son - Table Saw Find

I have substantially that exact same saw. I've had it for 13-15 years give
or take maybe longer. I have had no real problems with it in all that time.
I found getting vertical perfectly set a little tricky at first, and if you
do some cutting with the saw out of vertical you can get some saw dust in
the stop area that will prevent it from going hard up on the stop until you
blow it out. My only real complaint is that sometimes the lift mechanism on
mine shifts over a little prevent easy lift and lock. I give it a gentle
kick and its good again for months. Someday I'll fix that. Its been used
heavily for months and then set idle for months, and never given me any real
problems. I used it for a long time for severing aluminum flat bar to rough
size for milling until I finally got a horizontal bandsaw for that.

Its a good saw. For $120 its an absolute steal. I don't know what they
cost today, but I seem to recall I got mine new on sale for around $450.

***

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

My son just bought this Rigid TS3650 on Let-Go for $120. Las Vegas area.
Barely used.

http://i.imgur.com/OuDW4ED.jpg

He is just getting into woodworking and doing a pretty good job so far.
He's asked me how to do a few things and more than once I told him that
it would be easy if he had a TS. Well, now he does.

I told him that a TS can be one of the most versatile tool in his shop, but
you gotta respect it and know how it can hurt you. I talked to him about
doing
some research before he starts using it.

I want to send him some safety accessories. Push sticks, push pads, feather
boards, etc. Does anyone know of a good accessory kit that comes with
the basics to help get him started working safely?

I looked on Amazon and there's a Shop Fox kit, but it doesn't look very
impressive. I may have to piece one together. Suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!