Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Galvanized pipe too short for tub spout

On Mon, 12 Jun 2017 04:01:28 -0000 (UTC), HerHusband
wrote:

if the home has lots of galavnized, you might be better off replumbing
with pEX. its super cheap and easy to work with..
attempting to sell a home with galavinixed plumbing will be a big
hassle, and result in a big price cut to pay for replumbing

While I was replacing the cartridge in the shower faucet I could see the
plumbing in the wall was copper. I'm guessing the galvanized pipe nipple
was added later by someone to accomodate an odd tub spout.

In any case, there are much bigger problems with the house than the minor
problems with the plumbing fixtures. The furnace hasn't worked in years,
the roof leaks, windows are broken, the carpets are severely stained and
damaged, the ceilings and walls are covered in nicotene from smoking, the
exterior hasn't been painted in 15+ years, the garage door is falling
apart, the yard was overgrown to 4 feet tall, etc. There's far more work to
do than we can accomplish from a distance in a reasonable amount of time.
We are planning to sell it as-is, and expect to take a major price cut due
to all the needed repairs.

Our main concern is getting mom in an assisted living home where she can
get the care and help she needs. The house is just a burden we need to get
rid of.

Anthony

Hira a bulldozer and sell the lot.