Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default GFCI Wall Tap --- Part 2

On Sunday, June 11, 2017 at 12:37:59 AM UTC-4, DerbyDad03 wrote:

There may be an excuse for doing what was done, but no rationale - no
"logical basis for the course of action" being the definition of
rationale. two? sure, there may be a rationale - 3 - with one hidden
for the tub? Nope. a GFCI breaker would make a lot more sense - or
even a "deadhead" gfci in the linen closet which would allow the use
of any type of receptacle the decorator wanted to use.

Good grief. Now you're adding inconvenience and expense to the equation.
Give it up. You're just digging yourself into a deeper hole.

+1

No way a GFCI breaker, with bathroom outlets on it makes more sense.
I don't see any issue with how it was done, other than Clare doesn't
like it. I fully complies with code, it leaves a balanced look at
the sink mirror and the tub is on a separate GFCI that isn't as easily
reset. That's EXACTLY how I would have done it. The cost compared
to having everything on one GFCI is about the cost of two additional
GFCIs, which is nothing in the cost of a bathroom renovation or even
just the cost of having the electrical done.