Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Galvanized pipe too short for tub spout

On Sunday, June 11, 2017 at 11:50:39 PM UTC-5, wrote:
The 1/2 by 1/2 adapter from Uncle sure looks like it should solve the problem for well under $10.00.

I would start talking to Realtors as soon as possible. They should be able to tell you what they think are the "Must Haves" in the way of repairs to sell the house. It sounds like you are talking $50,000 or more off the price compared to a "regular" listing, but there are probably some minimum things that should be working to help sell it quickly at a reasonable price.

Check with 3 (or maybe more) Realtors and see if they give you similar stories.

Heck, a new owner would probably tear out the bathroom and start over along with the kitchen. I suppose the remodel funds could be included in the home loan. Older home buyers would want handicap friendly features like handholds, a walk-in tub and wider doors. A house flipper, not so much. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Flippin Monster