Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Has anyone ever seen a relay breakout board?

On Sun, 11 Jun 2017 10:25:51 -0700 (PDT), rangerssuck
wrote:

On Sunday, June 11, 2017 at 1:13:30 PM UTC-4, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Fri, 9 Jun 2017 13:58:27 -0700, "Howard Beel"
wrote:

"rangerssuck" wrote in message
I'm working on interfacing a PLC to an existing machine that's full of
relays. I got to thinking that it would be a real time saver if I had a
relay breakout board of sorts. What I'm picturing is a relay base (in this
case an 8 pin rectangular that plugs into an 11 pin socket) that breaks out
into screw terminals.

The effect would be like piggybacking another socket on top of the original.
That would allow pre-wiring a lot of stuff and minimizing downtime, as well
as making the modifications easily reversible.

So, does such a device exist?

They shure do exist.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5pcs-8-Pin-P...1%26rkt%3D1%26

Best Regards.
Tom.

Octal based relays only. Which isnt necessarily a bad thing..but they
are getting a bit harder to find.

This may be more along the lines of what he needs

http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-AMF-POTTER...AOSwsXFZMAa s

---

This is even further from what I'm looking for. Reading the original post and the rest of the followups would help, Gunner.

I wrote after reading your post. I reviewed the later posts after
posting. You will not find what you are looking for in this lifetime,
unless you make your own.

Shrug