jeff

Default Kenmore dryer problem

"Susan Thomas" wrote in message ...
Instead of pushing the start switch to turn on my dryer, it comes on
automatically when I turn the timer on.

Is this dangerous? Should I replace the switch?

Thank you for your reply.

Hi,

Instead of pushing the start switch to turn on my dryer, it comes on
automatically when I turn the timer on.

Depending on make/model#....might be a stuck/welded closed start
switch, a motor stuck in the run position, motor switch clogged up
with lint, shorted/burnt wire.

Is this dangerous?

Yes, a child -could- turn the timer on with the door open, climb in
and have the door close and the dryer will run without anybody pushing
the start switch....not common but possible.

Should I replace the switch?

Only if that is found to be the trouble maker.

jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/