Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default Has anyone ever seen a relay breakout board?

On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 10:05:33 PM UTC-4, Jon Elson wrote:
rangerssuck wrote:

The existing relays are already in
existing sockets. I am looking for a device that can plug into the already
existing sockets and provide a new set of screw terminals for me to
connect to, so that I can make my connections without disturbing the
existing wiring.

OK, you want to REMOVE the relays, and have something with screw terminals
that plug in IN PLACE OF the relays? No, I can't think of something quite
like that, off the shelf. Those relay sockets look like they take 1/4" or
maybe smaller spade terminals, so you can get crimp-type male spade
terminals and wire them to terminals strips. So, you could make such an
adaptor.

Jon

They do use the smaller 0.187" terminals, and I have considered just crimping terminals on my wires and plugging them directly into the sockets rather than crimping ferrules onto my wires (I try to always do that for neatness & reliability) and putting them under screw terminals. That would be a cheaper, almost no-parts solution. It's a problem, though, if I want to put more than one wire on a terminal.