Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete Keillor[_2_] Pete Keillor[_2_] is offline

Default Walk-in tub

On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 13:16:42 -0400, Tom Gardner
wrote:

On 6/9/2017 9:57 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Spend the money for the most efficient furnace you can. They're up to
something like 98% capture of heat now. Just UFR. Plastic exhaust
flues producing tepid air; so odd. My AC is 2.5T (10 SEER). Enough
to get the job done at 109F (the hottest I've seen here) but slow to
get a hot house down to a cool one. Just about the time the warranty
ran out on the Payne condenser unit @10yrs, it died. I replaced the
bad start/run cap and was back in business for $15.

I thought the ultra-high efficient units were fragile? My unit now runs
with a booster cap after the pump locked up. Till I added the cap I had
to replace the start/run every year.

I insulated the floor when I had visqueen put down and the borate
treatment for termites. They also drilled into the wall cavities and
injected DE to kill any future bugs. I realized later that I should
have had them do the whole thing since the labor was paid by extra
barter money I still have. They're no longer taking barter, so that's
out now.

In Ohio, there is little chance of bugs...at least around here. However
packs of wild Miniature Schnauzers can attack with no warning.

---
http://www.avg.com

At the house I went with the variable speed 18 SEER unit. Electric
bill dropped a couple hundred. At the beach condo, I put in a normal
off-on unit. Those variable speed jobs have a hard time lasting 6 mo.
in that windblown salt spray environment. No condenser unit lasts
that long down there, although the new one has a composite housing and
tougher coils, so maybe better.

Pete Keillor