Posted to alt.home.repair
Unquestionably Confused[_4_] Unquestionably Confused[_4_] is offline

Default Identify generator part

On 6/11/2017 3:27 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Sunday, June 11, 2017 at 3:44:16 AM UTC-4, Andy wrote:
On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 7:57:15 PM UTC-5, Unquestionably Confused wrote:
On 6/10/2017 6:15 PM, Andy wrote:
My friend has a Briggs and Stratton Elite generator.

[snip]

He should NOT have seen this kind of problem this early.

I am not aware of any gasoline that does not contain ethanol.

I think the govt. mandated all gasoline with ethanol.

Andy

IDK about all, eg aviation gasoline, but I haven't seen any place selling ethanol free gas at the pump in the ny/nj area, that's for sure. There is canned ethanol free available which could be fine for a trimmer, but inconvenient and expensive for larger engines.

As mentioned by me and Terry, check out https://www.pure-gas.org/

NJ is pretty much a vast wasteland for ethanol-free fuel, but NY seems
to have quite a few places where it's available. Again, the BIG problem
is not so much using the ethanol laced fuel, it's LEAVING IT SIT IN THE
CARBURETOR and that pretty much goes for ANY fuel. If the equipment
won't be used for a couple of weeks, shut off the fuel while it's
running and run it dry.