pjm@see_my_sig_for_address.com

Default Using Performance Data Spec Sheets to figure - Condenser Temp-Split

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 13:31:18 -0500, Darrell
wrote:

Using Performance Data Spec Sheets to figure - Condenser Temp-Split

Testing whether the A-C System is delivering the Manufacture's BTUH
Rating by checking the Condenser's Delta-T

temp-split. I question whether tech's can get them set-up well enough to
get the rated SEER.

http://www.uassholedarrell.com/air-c...city-seer.html

The compressor's Service Factor will handle the electrical load as long
as the discharge gas temp doesn't get above 225-F.

What the **** are you on about now ? You clueless ****.

No where, not even once, do you mention quantifying the amount
of air flowing over the condensor. Forget about actually measuring
it, to ascertain coil blockage and fan performance, you don't even
mention taking the nominal 'if everything were perfect' factory
numbers.

Without knowing mass flow, the delta-T tells you exactly
nothing about heat transfer.

How the hell could you *ever* have been in the industry and
not know that ?

Without this, you entire post is complete and utter bull****.

This doesn't even begin to address the other problems with it.

" I didn't use any 1.07 multiplier additive.

Oh, very very good. Now you're going to re-invent formulas
that have been industry standard for decades, based in solid
analytical science ??

I suggest you purchase a copy of my Palm pilot program to see
exactly what happens to that correction factor at various altitudes.

Are you sure you're 'retired', or were you perhaps chased out
of the industry ????

New HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's !! http://pmilligan.net/palm/
Free demo now available online !!!!
--