Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Do You Label Your Cribbage Boards?

On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 11:44:27 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
On 6/10/2017 9:08 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 9:41:07 PM UTC-4, Leon wrote:
On 6/10/2017 7:39 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I just completed the woodworking part of this cribbage board. The base is
made from Padauk, the top is Maple with some nice figuring. It's a surprise
for my adult son.

http://canadianhomeworkshop.com/2447...cribbage-board

I've seen boards that are labeled with numbers every 5 peg holes plus Start,
Finish, etc. Some have just Start, Finish and an S after hole 90, some have no labeling at all.

I don't know if I want to label this one or not. I'm leaning towards buying
the dry-rub lettering and letting my son decide - and do it ;-) - after I
ship it to him. (Since it's a surprise, I don't know if wants any labels.)

For those that have made Cribbage boards, do you label them?

How about a picture of what YOU built. ;~)

Well, if you insist, but for now, it'll have to be 2 different pictures
since the finish is still drying.

The base:

http://i.imgur.com/LR6ztpz.jpg

The Board:

http://i.imgur.com/velaj5J.jpg

I added a couple of things to the original plans. I found it a little
difficult to get the cards out of the recess, so I added finger notches.

I also added a ~1/16" chamfer to all exposed edges. The plans called for a
1/4" chamfer only on the base and I thought that repeating the chamfer would
be a good way to soften all the edges. I like the look.

I still need to add the brass pivoting rod to the base and epoxy in the
earth magnets. I gotta tell ya, testing fitting the earth magnets was
quite the adventure. I almost had to keep the base and the board on
opposite sides of the shop. ;-)

Excellent!

We/I like to see the progress pictures. Looking good!

Thanks. (to all)