Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Do You Label Your Cribbage Boards?

On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 17:39:07 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

I just completed the woodworking part of this cribbage board. The base is
made from Padauk, the top is Maple with some nice figuring. It's a surprise
for my adult son.

http://canadianhomeworkshop.com/2447...cribbage-board

I've seen boards that are labeled with numbers every 5 peg holes plus Start,
Finish, etc. Some have just Start, Finish and an S after hole 90, some have no labeling at all.

I don't know if I want to label this one or not. I'm leaning towards buying
the dry-rub lettering and letting my son decide - and do it ;-) - after I
ship it to him. (Since it's a surprise, I don't know if wants any labels.)

For those that have made Cribbage boards, do you label them?

I haven't made one but I've used my share of them. I think I'd like a
score mark, or some such, every five holes but numbers? No need. I
know where start and end are, too. Dry-rub lettering on a fine piece
of wood is sacrilege. ;-)