Posted to rec.woodworking
Michael[_24_] Michael[_24_] is offline

Default Help: New plug rating/size for air compressor?

On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 5:46:59 PM UTC-5, J. Clarke wrote:
In article ,
says...

I need to replace the three prong plug on my air compressor. Before I head to Ace, can anyone tell me what size/rating plug I need? Here is a picture of the compressor.

https://ibb.co/h4LrTF

Much appreciated!

It says 15 amp 120v, which is pretty much the default for US electrical
cords. But look at the outlet you plug it into and make sure that it's a
standard outlet and not something weird.

Thanks, John and J. Clarke!

It's a standard outlet, but the cord itself is really thick, so I thought I should be careful about what kind of replacement plug I use.

Mike