Posted to uk.d-i-y
Capitol Capitol is offline

Default Election night banter thread

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
alan_m wrote:
The UK currency has crashed as a result of
people voting Labour.

But Brexiteers told us this was a good thing when it happened after that
result. But a real crash then rather than a couple of percent.

That crash was caused by B o E stupidity in reducing jnterest rates,
not by the vote to leave. Having just returned from the US, it is
apparent that the exchange rate is wrong. How the Americans can afford
to buy groceries is beyond me. A pack of mini plum tomatoes there is x5
the UK price and own brand cornflakes is x3. Eating out is now around
x1.5 the UK price. OK, petrol is very cheap at about 1.60 pounds a US
gallon. Car prices seem high to me for small cars and big trucks.