Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Election night banter thread

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
On 09/06/17 12:22, Andy Burns wrote:
T i m wrote:

All we have done is filed A.50 which starts the
negotiations and we need to decide within two years of that date.
Our decision could be to stay couldn't it?

I don't think so, the decision is on the terms of leaving, and if we/they
can't agree we just get bundled out the with a boot up our arse.

I cannot work out if the result is a good thing or bad.

Corbyn does not have power, so that's good. Unless the MSM were lying
about him cuddling up to terrorist types. But for now I rather not see him
in charge of anything more complex than a can opener.

May's campaign has been like watching the main guy in Fight Club have that
intial fight with Brad Pitt's character, only to find out in reality he
was just punching himself in the face.

I have no idea if she's exceptionally stupid or really was trying to throw
the election!

Not enough nouse to realise what gamble it always was, or one
hell of a gambler. No evidence that she's much of a gambler tho.

What we have now at least, once you take out the 7 or so Sinn Fein
absentee seats, gives her a workable government as long as she can justify
every vote to the DUP,

Or can find enough others to support a particular bill.

or the Libs (assuming the SNP would rather pull their eyeballs out with
teaspoons than support the Tories on anything - but I may be misjudging
them).