Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_7_] dadiOH[_7_] is offline

Default Lighting recommendation to replace 4 foot fluorescent tubes

"TimR" wrote in message
I have a four foot two tube fluorescent in a finished basement room with a
failed ballast. At least, I think so. I put new tubes in, they glowed
orange at the end for a second but never lit.

It's an old T12 fixture with a very old ballast.

I could:

2. replace the fixture with T8

Fluorescents work. LEDs? Maybe but not in my experience...installed three,
two were flickering within 4-6 months, third in less than a year. They are
now gone. Maybe a bad lot but I won't be trying them again. Fluorescents
work