Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Election night banter thread

On 09/06/17 14:07, tim... wrote:

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
On 09/06/17 12:22, Andy Burns wrote:
T i m wrote:

All we have done is filed A.50 which starts the
negotiations and we need to decide within two years of that date.
Our decision could be to stay couldn't it?

I don't think so, the decision is on the terms of leaving, and if
we/they can't agree we just get bundled out the with a boot up our arse.

I cannot work out if the result is a good thing or bad.

I wanted her to get a kick up the bum without compromising our position
on brexit

perhaps restricting her to plus 10 would have been good

(taking them all in Scotland so giving the shouty Scotts woman a kicking
at the same time)

Corbyn does not have power, so that's good. Unless the MSM were lying
about him cuddling up to terrorist types. But for now I rather not see
him in charge of anything more complex than a can opener.

May's campaign has been like watching the main guy in Fight Club have
that intial fight with Brad Pitt's character, only to find out in
reality he was just punching himself in the face.

I have no idea if she's exceptionally stupid or really was trying to
throw the election!

seems most unlikely

The campaign was phenomenally bad

What we have now at least, once you take out the 7 or so Sinn Fein
absentee seats, gives her a workable government as long as she can
justify every vote to the DUP,

yup

or the Libs

not going to happen

they got burned last time

Well no, they won't form a coalition (neither will the DUP) - but they'd
be stupid not to align with or against the Tories on a vote by vote
basis to get some of their thinking transferred to reality.