Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Election night banter thread

On 09/06/17 13:27, T i m wrote:
On Fri, 9 Jun 2017 12:22:41 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:

T i m wrote:

All we have done is filed A.50 which starts the
negotiations and we need to decide within two years of that date.
Our decision could be to stay couldn't it?

I don't think so, the decision is on the terms of leaving, and if
we/they can't agree we just get bundled out the with a boot up our arse.

I really don't know why some seem so adamant re the whole Brexit thing
with the result of the direct poll was nearly 50:50 and this snap
election, focused on getting the country together and forging ahead
with Brexit, doesn't seem to be in support of Brexit either?

So, it still doesn't look to me that 'the country' want Brexit, just
some (of those who bothered to vote etc) and yet Mrs May still seems
to be on that mission?

I don;t think it had anything to do with Brexit - May just sat there
punching herself in the face with stupid stuff like tearing up human
rights, "dementia tax" and so on.

And the establishment press went so far to town on Corbyn that people
got ****ed off and supported him just to spite them.