Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Lighting recommendation to replace 4 foot fluorescent tubes

On 6/9/2017 8:46 AM, TimR wrote:
I have a four foot two tube fluorescent in a finished basement room
with a failed ballast. At least, I think so. I put new tubes in,
they glowed orange at the end for a second but never lit.

It's an old T12 fixture with a very old ballast.

I could:

3. replace the tubes or the fixture with LED tubes. They would have
to be the kind that don't use the existing ballast.

I replaced one fixture with an LED. When the others go, they will be
LED also. So far, I've had good luck with LED every place I put it.