Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default GFCI Wall Tap --- Part 2

On Friday, June 9, 2017 at 1:55:04 AM UTC-4, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
On Thursday, June 8, 2017 at 8:55:48 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Thursday, June 8, 2017 at 3:13:28 PM UTC-4, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:

Last year I did a complete bathroom remodel on the original
bathroom of this house. Three (3) GFCI receptacles were
installed. One for the new tub and one on either side of
large oval mirror over the medicine cabinet. I am happy
with those two. The power strip was for the second bathroom.

Were the ones on each side of mirror done just for a balanced look?

Yes!

I can possibly see a separate circuit for the tub (spa?) but a separate
circuit for each side of the medicine cabinet seems like over-kill. If
it wasn't for looks, and it's the same circuit, why didn't they put a
standard receptacle downstream of the GFCI?

I guess I wasn't clear with that. All three receptacles are on one
circuit.

3 GFCI's on one circuit in such a small area seems like over-kill. It seems to me that either the
pair of sink ones could have been been placed down-stream of the tub GFCI or the tub could
have been placed down-stream of the "matching pair" at the sink.

Do you know why they used so many GFCI's? Just curious.