Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default Election night banter thread

"T i m" wrote in message
On Fri, 9 Jun 2017 05:11:35 +0100, Clive George
wrote:

On 09/06/2017 03:40, T i m wrote:

Getting up again (stuff on my mind, 0% of it to do with any election
g) I see that Lab look like they are in the lead (189 V 178) so does
that mean they are on their way to winning and the whole time and
effort wasting debacle changes again?

Labour always get more seats earlier on since they tend to have urban
constituencies whereas the tories have the rural ones.

Makes sense.

(massive generalisation of course - look how early the Caithness etc one
declared...)

Sure, but looking at the map that does seem to be the case:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election/2017/results

I wonder what the stats are on the recounts ... if they are more
prevalent in the rural areas (where counting may not be their strong
point). weg

pure chance who needs a recount.

Watching it play out as a non gambling man (so I didn't place my bet
on any of them) it all seems to be a farce.

So, someone became the Prime Minister even though we didn't vote her
in and then she voluntary decided to hold a snap election to prove how
much support her party had, only to find out that she / they were
wrong.

So, we are still a very spit country suggesting to me at least that
not enough of us are happy with what is on offer and so just as with
the Brexit vote, maybe we need to think outside the box.

Nope, there we a couple of million gullibles who fell for Corbyn's offer of
free sweeties for life

tim