Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson[_3_] Jon Anderson[_3_] is offline

Default Another neat tool, this one US based!

On 8/06/2017 10:43 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

What are they charging to replace the simple shaft seal in the comp,
Jon? I replaced many when I worked in Phoenix that summer. If you
find someone who'd love to do it but doesn't have the tool, import the
tool for the job and trade it to him for the labor/parts. You might
find one from Ali/Bang. A/C tools aren't cheap, but they're a helluva
lot cheaper non-AU than in-AU, I'm sure. It's a simple 2-stage
threaded puller. Or DIY and have it evacuated and recharged at a
cheap(er) shop. http://tinyurl.com/y9fn6uue

The very slow leak is only part of the issue. It's only pumping at about
70% efficiency, that was 2 years ago. On scorching hot days after it's
been parked, I'll drive a ways with the windows down to purge hot air.
When I finally start getting really cold air out of the vent, then roll
the windows up. Besides, want a ute so not spending any $$ I don't have
to. Wife's Grand Vitara, a year older, offers nice cold air within
seconds, so I don't down mine is worn. (AC gets a lot of use here in the
summer!)

Jon

---