Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Trevor Wilson Trevor Wilson is offline

Default (OT) Would you pay $99.99 for a USED 1gb Flash Drive

On 8/06/2017 4:27 AM, wrote:
On Wed, 7 Jun 2017 19:13:51 +1000, Clifford Heath
wrote:

On 07/06/17 17:58,
wrote:
Am I missing something, (like gold plating)

Or do they really think someone is stupid enough to pay $100 for a USED
1gb flash drive?

It depends. How many Bitcoins does it contain?

Wanna explain that....

This is about the 3rd time I've heard that expression "bit coins" in the
last month. What the heck does that mean?

**Do you live in a cave? On Mars? Bitcoins have been in the mainstream
media for several years.

I'm not up on some of this stuff that is probably another facebook gag,
and I would not touch facebook with someone else's computer on the end
of a 10 foot pole.

I was thinking that this flash drive contains some pirated software
though, like a Windows installer or something, but reading the docs on
that webpage, no one would know what was on it, so what is the point.
And for $100 you can nearly buy a retail version of Windows 10 (I
think). I recall seeing it at Walmart for $129 a year ago.

**A 1GB flash drive is worth, maybe, a Dollar. A 1TB flash drive is
worth more than $100.00. Why are you banging on about a flash drive that
is usually a giveaway item? I receive them, free, from some of my
suppliers who no longer publish parts catalogues on paper.

Not that it matters, I'll stick with Windows XP and even Win98. I use
both. Everytime I have to use the WIn 10 computers at the local library,
I have to ask WHY? I can do the same things in XP with a lot less bloat,
less CPU power, less hassle, and less much less tracking.

**My Windows 10 laptop boots in less than 30 seconds, is speedy and easy
to use. It is MUCH faster than any Win XP machine I've owned. All done
without an SSD too.

Anyhow, I can only think that this item is a joke. But it should have
been posted on April 1.
Ebay dont seen to care about prices. As long as an item fits their terms
of service, it's listed. (sensible or not).

**I suspect your posts are April 1st ones. A 1GB flash drive. Bah. I
sweep them out with the trash. Not worth bending over to pick up.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au