Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Walk-in tub

On 6/8/2017 8:34 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Find someone to plumb it now, before they get around to putting gas to
your house. When they plumbed for my new HVAC in 2002, the extra cost
to drop a line for a gas stove or water heater was $200. You might
save up to a grand by having a new HVAC installed now rather than
later. I opted for attic installation since the crawl space wasn't
optimal for it, but there was no ducting to replace since the place
had been electric baseboard heating + fireplace woodstove insert.
Anyway, the price can go up dramatically when installer demand goes
up. My Carrier Infinity 97% efficient gas heater was $6k installed
with me putting in the 240v drop to the outside for them and
installing my own attic light string. That included a 3T R12 system
from Payne for A/C. (Extra grand for Carrier + Puron system) This in a
1450sf house, including 2-car shop.

There's supposedly some deal from the gas company if you get some gas
appliance when the run the pipes to the house.

I have a heat pump and will replace with a gas furnace and a separate
whole house AC. A 2-1/2 ton unit will work. I see new units go for
less than $3k that will do the trick. I have 1790' to heat and cool but
since it was all electric the insulation is superb. After the dust
settles I'll get a gas water heater and maybe a gas toaster!

---
http://www.avg.com