John Stumbles

Default Water Pipes

"PoP" wrote in message
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 17:21:09 +0000, Andy Hall
wrote:

Presumably this inverted U is too far out from the wall to fit the
dishwasher and you now have a broken cabinet as well and nothing to
show for it.

Yes, about a foot away from the wall.

Fortunately I hadn't got so far with breaking the cabinet that I
couldn't put it back together again, so that's an option. Have left it
slightly dismantled so that the chap can show his wife when she comes
in from work, and they can discuss the options - none of which looks
delightful.

I have advised the flat owner to consult a CH engineer to see if these
pipes could be reformed and laid flat - looks doable to me, though
some drainage of the water pipes will need to be done.

That'd be the trick - a wet'n'dry vac would help here. Is the floor
concrete? If so it's an SDS hammer job and a slip joint to join the pipe, if
wood just a board or 2 up.

--
John Stumbles