Posted to sci.electronics.repair
rickman rickman is offline

Default (OT) Would you pay $99.99 for a USED 1gb Flash Drive

wrote on 6/7/2017 2:27 PM:
On Wed, 7 Jun 2017 19:13:51 +1000, Clifford Heath
wrote:

On 07/06/17 17:58,
wrote:
Am I missing something, (like gold plating)

Or do they really think someone is stupid enough to pay $100 for a USED
1gb flash drive?

It depends. How many Bitcoins does it contain?

Wanna explain that....

This is about the 3rd time I've heard that expression "bit coins" in the
last month. What the heck does that mean?

I'm not up on some of this stuff that is probably another facebook gag,
and I would not touch facebook with someone else's computer on the end
of a 10 foot pole.

I was thinking that this flash drive contains some pirated software
though, like a Windows installer or something, but reading the docs on
that webpage, no one would know what was on it, so what is the point.
And for $100 you can nearly buy a retail version of Windows 10 (I
think). I recall seeing it at Walmart for $129 a year ago.

Not that it matters, I'll stick with Windows XP and even Win98. I use
both. Everytime I have to use the WIn 10 computers at the local library,
I have to ask WHY? I can do the same things in XP with a lot less bloat,
less CPU power, less hassle, and less much less tracking.

Anyhow, I can only think that this item is a joke. But it should have
been posted on April 1.
Ebay dont seen to care about prices. As long as an item fits their terms
of service, it's listed. (sensible or not).

Not trying to give you a hard time, but where have you been for the last
decade? Bit coin is a digital currency backed by nothing but what others
will pay for it. While it has no real basis for its value, it is the same
as other investments like art or gold, worth what someone will give you for
it.

Bitcoin has been significant in the news for some time now being reported as
used as payment for criminal activity and of more importance to users, one
bitcoin exchange which was supposedly hacked loosing some millions of
dollars worth of currency with no way to trace it... which I found odd since
they can track bitcoin. That's also why it's odd that it would be used for
criminal actions, it is traceable!

Whatever. I'm happy with the folding stuff.

--

Rick C