Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson[_3_] Jon Anderson[_3_] is offline

Default Interesting tool sharpening system from Down Under

On 7/06/2017 10:29 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Yeah, speaking of which, how's the UPS service and pricing there? I'll
bet DHL is better represented Down Under.

Have bought a few things from China/Taiwan, comes same as in the States.
Items from the States, USPS. Within AU, Australian Post (which is a
private operation)
Had to send first tax returns via FedEx, that entailed a 2.5 hour drive
to Canberra and cost over $70.
Some Americans never get over sticker shock here. Me, if I really want
or need it, I just buy it and don't think about it too much.

I don't think I ever would, being so squeakily frugal meself.

Best not be thinking of moving here then...
Besides, the cost of applying for immigration is going, or already gone,
way the **** up. Think it's near $7k now. Cost me IIRC, about $3k, which
was right there, over a grand increase from when I first knew I was
going to move.

Jon

---