Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Interesting tool sharpening system from Down Under

On Tue, 6 Jun 2017 17:55:17 +1000, Jon Anderson
wrote:

On 6/06/2017 11:07 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Poor Jon's $170 square costs just $45 in Portland, OR. And $10 or so
to ship in the States. Shipping to and from AU is GHASTLY, usually
doubling the price of anything.

Shipping to AU isn't cheap, and shipping within really isn't either. But
I had it in 2 days out of Sydney which is pretty darn good for here.

Yeah, speaking of which, how's the UPS service and pricing there? I'll
bet DHL is better represented Down Under.

Exchange rate, plus anything really worthwhile (not import crap) really
isn't cheap. But it's my livelihood, and a write off to boot.

It's much easier to buy expensively when you're reimbursed for it.

Some Americans never get over sticker shock here. Me, if I really want
or need it, I just buy it and don't think about it too much.

I don't think I ever would, being so squeakily frugal meself.

--
Average # of people killed in mass shooting when stopped by police: 18.25
Average # of people killed when stopped by civilians: 2

Save lives: Keep Civilians Armed!