Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Another neat tool, this one US based!

On Tue, 6 Jun 2017 10:03:09 -0400, Leon Fisk
wrote:

On Tue, 6 Jun 2017 18:24:22 +1000
Jon Anderson wrote:

On 6/06/2017 8:12 AM, rangerssuck wrote:

Nice! I definitely could use one of those pretty often. Just today,
however, I found myself needing a square with a narrower base, Made
do by slipping a parallel between the square and the work.

Glad -someone- sees some value in it...
I use it every day and it definitely make my job easier.

I've seen this before in welding videos (Jody's). Never checked the
price just kind of made a mental note in case the need came up...

Have you poked around at Banggood? Unless you get hit with some sort of
duty tax you can get Harbor Freight kind of cheapo stuff there. Usually
free shipping out of China. They have a few regular squares but not a
wide base model. The reviews suck (on the squares), say they are out of
align but depending on what you want it for it might not matter. I used
one of those cheapo models for re-shingling the roof. Worked great as an
adjustable spacer. Sure wouldn't want to use a Starrett for that job ;-)
For some examples see:

https://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-R...el-c-5329.html

While you're shopping Asia, check in with Alibaba.com, as well.

--
Average # of people killed in mass shooting when stopped by police: 18.25
Average # of people killed when stopped by civilians: 2

Save lives: Keep Civilians Armed!