Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Neighborhood number 3 Neighborhood number 3 is offline

Default Another neat tool, this one US based!

On Tue, 06 Jun 2017 15:01:39 +0700,
wrote:

On Mon, 05 Jun 2017 18:32:03 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Mon, 05 Jun 2017 16:05:56 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Tue, 6 Jun 2017 07:30:02 +1000, Jon Anderson
wrote:

Forget where I first saw this, so pardon me if it was posted here first.
Anyone that does a lot of fabricating with need to transfer scribe marks
on adjacent faces will appreciate this. Cost me $170 with shipping from
an AU distributor, but I have found it well worth the investment.
http://lasquares.com/

That would have been a great deal at $25, but $170? That's pure BS.
It's not like it's a precision instrument which could warrant that
price. Sheesh. A little handier, but not that much.

Now...I dont know what the exchange rate is...but $170 Oz could be $35
US

Another strike out. US$170 Australian is worth about $127 US

Might as well be $127,000 for a guy who's behind on his rent.

On the other hand, one would think that anybody who's "considering"
$600 jeans would want one of those squares in each pocket.