Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Trevor Wilson Trevor Wilson is offline

Default I'll never use an oscilloscope again

On 5/06/2017 4:20 PM, N_Cook wrote:
On 05/06/2017 04:23, Trevor Wilson wrote:
On 4/06/2017 5:10 PM, N_Cook wrote:
On 04/06/2017 06:30, wrote:
While looking at an oscilloscope, a human-like figure appeared on the
screen. It was an alien from another planet, teleported to Earth.

Good grief, I always thought oscilloscopes were only supposed to show
wave forms.....

Then the figure came out of the oscope and began attacking and killing
people and destroying things.... (televisation)

This is some real scary ****...... [as I pull a blanket over my head]
Damn,,,,, I never knew oscilloscopes were this dangerous.....

Seen only on "The Outer Limits".

There is nothing wrong with your computer. Do not attempt to adjust the
picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder,
we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune
it to a whisper. We will control the horizontal. We will control the
vertical. We can roll the image, make it flutter. We can change the
focus to a soft blur or sharpen it to crystal clarity. We can change
your operating system in the blink of an eye. For the next hour sit
quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. We repeat: there
is nothing wrong with your computer. You are about to participate in a
great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which
reaches from the mind of the internet, to... The Outer Limits.

This show from 1963. Called "The_Galaxy_Being".
Takes place at Radio Station KVKVI.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Galaxy_Being

I get the biggest laugh out of that show and how they used all the
electronic stuff from that time to scare the crap out of people...

We now return control of your computer to you......
(Until next week).

Followup Action:
To be safe, I just unplugged my oscilloscope, so it cant turn itself
on......... But should I put electrical tape on the power cord prongs
too?
Nah, I think I'll just take the scope to the garage and shut off all
the
breakers in the garage.....

I've been enjoying watching the first series of "The Avengers" in the
UK, only seen the Diana Rigg ones before (much higher production
values for those). This was in and around 1963, with Honor Blackman.
Wobbly scenery , Mcnee fogetting his lines (done live in those days as
no electronic recording and editting), hilarious fight scenes,
close-ups on non-existent items as an actor had not correctly placed
the item ,etc. Ever involving fiends with electronic devices, ,
jamming ICBM radar receivers, electronic rays stopping anything like
motors at a distance, etc. Every episode has an actor who went on to
be famous.
No mention of an interociter yet though

**Mmmm. Diana Rigg. The subject of more than one schoolboy dream. Then
there was that beautiful Lotus Elan. Mmmm.

Still, a young Joanne Lumley was delectable in The New Avengers...

The oh so memorable and remarkable for the time, Diana Rigg in the S&M
dungeon Avengers episode.

**Bugger. Now you've got me thinking. I best speak to the missus later
tonight...

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au