Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill[_18_] Bill[_18_] is offline

Default Humax video recorder

In message , Tim+
writes
Max Demian Wrote in message:

In answer to:
Today when trying to set up to record tonight's political debate (we
look after even older people than us) it decided that it couldn't record
the Winter Hill channel because it already had two channels set to
record. Having scrolled through all the channels in the recording
schedule and finding nothing pre-programmed, it occurred to me that the
clash was with the two BBC Wales channels (HD and SD?) in the list which
it was waiting to set up. Accepting the only option of deleting the
English recording and allowing a Welsh lets it record, so we may be OK.

I wonder if anyone else has seen anything like this and whether there
may have been a recent over the air software update that has caused it.
Or is it my finger trouble?

Do a full retune and delete the channels you don't want. Preferably a
'manual' retune so you only get the channels from your preferred
transmitter.

--
Max Demian

+1.

If you go to http://www.digitaluk.co.uk you should be able to work
out exactly which channels you need to scan.

If your aerial can pick up more than one transmitter doing an
auto-scan can make a right dog's dinner of your channel line
up.

Yes, I'm afraid I'll have to do this, but it will necessitate finding
some undisturbed time with access to the room the recorder is in.

Somehow, every single device we have here responds differently in the
way it has to be set up - even the Sony TV is different from the (older)
Sony recorder that we have under the telly as a standby device.

I was really wondering if anyone else with a Humax 2000T had noticed a
change in its behaviour in the last few weeks. It never used to program
2 or 3 instances of the same programme simultaneously on different
channels. This seems to happen whether or not the broadcasts are at the
same or different times.
If someone else has one of these recorders that doesn't do this then
I'll have to try to find what button I've pressed that I shouldn't.

--
Bill