Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] ohger1s@gmail.com is offline

Default Sony CDP101 repair

On Friday, June 2, 2017 at 6:15:56 PM UTC-4, Daniel Mandic wrote:
wrote:

BTW, there is one sure way of improving the quality of CD sound: give
it a light spray of WD40....

The CDP-101 fullfills Phil Allison's reception of music-reproduction...
What's so hard to understand with this?

I would have to hear that CDP-101, to say something critical about
it.... don't you.
Have you heard it? Maybe it sounds better than many multibit etc.
variations by many brands which came out later?!
Though, I don't think it can cope with later (selected.... though)
players from Sony.

--
Daniel Mandic

Don't overthink this Daniel. Phil has a long history of polluting newsgroups all over the web with his pigheaded single minded thought process (like his love of WD40). He's a hateful, vile, cowardly, foul mouthed internet bully. If you don't agree with him, he will wish a painful cancer death on you. When I first ran across his posts, they were so outrageous I thought he was being comically ironic (and perhaps he is and getting a big laugh out of this). If someone should ask a dumb question, he will berate their intelligence and suggest they kill themselves to relieve their burden of ignorance.

Phil thinks CDs have no flaws, and I happen to disagree with him. Any other person who disagrees would simply say so and state their case. But Phil is a true nut job, and since he won't meet anyone face to face and repeat those same words that he does on the web (coward), it's sort of fun to just rile him up and disagree with him now and again.

Getting back to the subject, when I was younger, I knew CDs offered several big advantages (that I pointed out in my first post), but instead of taking a leap forward beyond a mechanical system of grooved vinyl and various mechanical needle/cartridge schemes, they took a small step backwards in fidelity. That a digital format cannot quite equal an archaic electro-mechanical analogue system is telling. Phil can't or refuses to hear this, and that's fine. The fact is is that my hearing has diminished to the point where I'm happy even with MP3s nowadays.

I'm sure his CDP-101 sounds just as good as my Pioneer CD player and maybe even better, but my point was about the CD format in general, not the CDP-101 in particular.