Posted to alt.home.repair

Default roof sheathing

On Thu, 1 Jun 2017 23:11:51 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 6/1/2017 10:45 PM, wrote:

I bought 5/8
tongue and groove and screwed it down. My first attempt was with
"construction screws" from the Borg. Drove in 20, and broke 15.
Took the remaining 330 back, and replaced them with the much cheaper
"deck screws" - same price for 500. I can drive them right down
through the plywood without breaking them.
The person at the return desk gave me $15 discount for the trouble -
Their products might be crap, but at least the service is good - -

I get screws from McFeelys or Lee Valley. uch better quality if you can
wait a couple of days for delivery.

Can't complain about the deck screws from the BORG. The Robertson
drive doesn't slip at all - no twist-out or cam-out like on the ****ty
"construction screws"